Subject: 24.1.50; url-retrieve* try to connect to tramp
From: Thierry Volpiatto <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2012 11:44:13 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,
It seem `url-retrieve-synchronously' is checking for a tramp filename
when using a request like this:

"http://tinyurl.com/api-create.php?url=https://...."

Resulting in this error:

Contacting host: tinyurl.com:80
error: "Not a Tramp file name: /api-create.php%3furl%3dhttps://...."

You can reproduce using the package "smallurl.el"
and use `smallurl-replace-at-point' on some url.

May be this issue have been fixed in trunk, I can update until mid June,
if so ignore this.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.50.2 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2012-05-04 on thierry-MM061
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11103000
Configured using:
 `configure '--with-x-toolkit=lucid' '--without-rsvg' '--without-gconf'
 '--with-wide-int''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  recentf-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  helm-dired-mode: Enable helm completion in Dired functions.
Bindings affected are C, R, S, H.
This is deprecated for Emacs24+ users, use `helm-mode' instead.
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm-match-plugin-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <up> <up> C-M-x <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> M-x <down> <down> <down> 
<return> <down> <down> <down> <return> C-a <down> C-o 
<up> M-x <down> <down> <down> <return> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
- s y <tab> <tab> C-M-x <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> M-x <down> 
<down> <down> <return> M-x <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<return> M-x <down> <down> <down> <down> <return> q 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> C-u C-M-x <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> M-x <down> <down> <down> <down> <return> n n 
n n n n n n n n q C-h e <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> C-SPC C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f 
C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f 
C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f 
C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f M-w <down> 
<down> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
C-SPC C-n C-n M-w C-x b <return> M-x r e p o r <re
turn>

Recent messages:

Result: "https://picasaweb.google.com/thierry.volpiatto/EveGoudes20120419?authkey=Gv1sRgCPe4jsfb0Z7aJw"

Result: "http://tinyurl.com/api-create.php?url=https://picasaweb.google.com/thierry.volpiatto/EveGoudes20120419?authkey=Gv1sRgCPe4jsfb0Z7aJw"

Contacting host: tinyurl.com:80
error: "Not a Tramp file name: /api-create.php%3furl%3dhttps://picasaweb.google.com/thierry.volpiatto/EveGoudes20120419%3fauthkey%3dGv1sRgCPe4jsfb0Z7aJw"
Back to top level.
Mark set [2 times]
 [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
~/elisp/emacs-helm-extensions/helm-descbinds hides ~/elisp/emacs-helm/helm-descbinds
~/elisp/emacs-wget/lpath hides ~/elisp/auctex/lpath
~/elisp/org-active/contrib/lisp/org-lparse hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.1.50/lisp/org/org-lparse
~/elisp/org-active/contrib/lisp/org-odt hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.1.50/lisp/org/org-odt
~/elisp/org-active/contrib/lisp/org-eshell hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.1.50/lisp/org/org-eshell
~/elisp/emms/lisp/tq hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.1.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq

Features:
(shadow epa-mail emacsbug sendmail cl-specs edebug debug helm-command
newcomment helm-ring helm-eshell helm-elisp helm-eval repeat gnus-html
gnus-gravatar gravatar smiley gnus-cite flow-fill mail-extr gnus-bcklg
qp gnus-ml nndraft nnmh utf-7 nnimap utf7 nnml nnfolder netrc
network-stream starttls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-cache gnus-dired nnir recentf ido url-http tls
url-auth url-gw cal-iso animate vc-git xgit-dvc xgit xgit-annotate
dvc-annotate xgit-log dvc-revlist vc-rcs xhg-dvc bzr-core xdarcs-core
xgit-core xmtn-minimal naquadah-theme em-unix em-script em-prompt em-ls
em-hist em-pred em-glob em-dirs em-cmpl em-basic esh-opt em-banner
em-alias esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-ext esh-proc esh-groups eshell
esh-module esh-mode align-let server battery winner undo-tree
slime-xref-browser slime-banner slime-tramp slime-asdf slime-fancy
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references slime-scratch
slime-presentations slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-parse slime-repl image-file
newsticker newst-treeview tree-widget newst-plainview newst-reader
newst-ticker newst-backend xdvi-search preview-latex pcomplete-extension
em-term term ehelp electric pdbtrack whitespace paren time mime-w3m mime
eword-decode mel path-util mime-parse std11 luna mime-def mcharset
mcs-20 mcs-e20 pces pces-e20 pces-20 broken pcustom poe w3m-load avoid
help-mode view savehist gnus-async nntp markdown-mode org-google-weather
google-weather url-cache googlecl google-maps google-maps-static
google-maps-geocode google-maps-base json simple-call-tree
el-expectations el-mock csv2org iedit rect zop-to-char mule-util alist
pym static apel-ver product elscreen smallurl mm-url rectangle-utils
tv-utils pcvs pcvs-parse pcvs-info pcvs-defs mb-depth ioccur cl-info
slime hyperspec slime-autoloads ledger-config ledger esh-arg esh-util
tex-site auto-loads esh-toggle flymake ipython python-mode info-look
executable eldoc-eval eldoc no-word regex-tool dired-extension
emms-mpd-config emms-playlist-limit emms-volume emms-volume-amixer
emms-i18n emms-history emms-score emms-stream-info
emms-metaplaylist-mode emms-bookmarks emms-lastfm-client
emms-lastfm-scrobbler emms-cue emms-mode-line-icon emms-browser sort
emms-playlist-sort emms-last-played emms-player-xine emms-player-mpd tq
emms-playing-time emms-lyrics emms-url hl-line emms-tag-editor emms-mark
emms-mode-line emms-cache emms-info-ogginfo emms-info-mp3info
emms-playlist-mode emms-player-vlc emms-player-mplayer emms-info
emms-streams later-do emms-source-playlist emms-source-file
emms-player-simple emms-setup emms emms-compat dvc-init bzr-gnus
tla-gnus xgit-gnus xhg-gnus gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime
smime dig gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source
gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader
dvc-gnus tla-core tla-autoconf tla-defs dvc-log vc vc-dispatcher
ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult
ediff-init ediff dvc-autoloads htmlize-hack htmlize muse-colors
muse-docbook muse-texinfo texnfo-upd texinfo muse-latex muse-html
muse-xml-common muse-wiki cus-edit cus-start cus-load muse-publish
muse-project muse-protocols muse-regexps muse muse-nested-tags muse-mode
muse-autoloads org-config-thierry ob-sh org-crypt cal-china lunar solar
cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs vc-hg
org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo
org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks find-func org-info
org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-agenda appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs org-annotation-helper org-capture org-mks
remember org-remember org-datetree config-w3m w3m doc-view jka-compr
image-mode timezone w3m-hist w3m-fb w3m-ems wid-edit w3m-ccl ccl
w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util addressbook-bookmark message
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
firefox-protocol bookmark-firefox-handler bookmark-extensions org
ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src
ob-comint ob-keys ob ob-eval org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-compat
org-entities org-macs noutline outline cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
bookmark pp init-helm-thierry helm-mode helm-files image-dired tramp
tramp-compat shell pcomplete format-spec tramp-loaddefs dired-aux ffap
thingatpt helm-tags helm-bookmark helm-adaptative helm-info helm-net
browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse url-vars mailcap helm-plugin
helm-help helm-match-plugin helm-grep helm-buffers helm-elscreen
helm-regexp grep helm-external helm-utils compile comint ansi-color
helm-git magit log-edit ring pcvs-util add-log parse-time helm-descbinds
helm-delicious xml helm-mercurial xhg xhg-annotate xhg-mq xhg-log
xhg-core dvc-diff uniquify dvc-fileinfo dvc-unified dvc-tips diff-mode
dvc-core dvc-lisp dvc-buffers dvc-ui dvc-register dvc-utils dvc-emacs
ewoc dvc-defs dvc-site dired-x dired helm-locate helm warnings
helm-config edmacro kmacro epa-file epa derived epg epg-config
auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp
gnus-util time-date mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache usage-memo
eev-thierry iterator eev-all eev-mini-steps eev-browse-url eev-langs
eev-compose eev-glyphs disp-table eev-insert eev-steps eev-bounded eev
easy-mmode advice help-fns advice-preload cl w3m-wget info easymenu
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

-- 
  Thierry
Get my Gnupg key:
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 59F29997