Subject: 23.4; sh indentation wrong for main() function
From: [email-masked] (Trent W. Buck)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 17:07:33 +1000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

To reproduce:

  1. run "emacs -Q tmp.sh"
  2. enter the following text

       foo () {
           foo
       }

       main () {
           foo
       }

  3. use C-x h C-M-\ to reindent everything.

  4. observe that sh-mode indents incorrectly:

       foo () {
           foo
       }

       main () {
               foo
           }

16:59 <forcer> twb: For some reason, after main () {,
(sh-get-indent-info) returns two function indentations.

In addition to version the below, this issue does not appear in GNU
Emacs 23.3.1 (arm-unknown-linux-gnueabi) of 2011-08-15 on cushaw,
modified by Debian.

A bash script with a main() function has commits from me ca. Dec 2009 to
Mar 2010, and they are indented correctly (four space), which indicates
that whatever Emacs I was using at the time was not affected.

In GNU Emacs 23.4.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)
 of 2012-04-08 on trouble, modified by Debian
configured using `configure  '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu' '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu' '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes' '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs23:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/23.4/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.4/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp' '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' '--with-x=no' '--without-gconf' 'build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Wformat-security -Werror=format-security -Wall -DDEBIAN -O2' 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: C
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_AU.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  savehist-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  partial-completion-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:

Recent messages:
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50dictionaries-common.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50dpkg-dev-el.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50festival.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50ledger.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50psvn.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50python-docutils.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/50w3m-el-snapshot.el (source)...done
Loading /etc/emacs/site-start.d/51debian-el.el (source)...done
Ido mode enabled
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/23.4/site-lisp/debian-startup hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/rst hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/textmodes/rst
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/textmodes/ispell
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/textmodes/flyspell

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message sendmail regexp-opt ecomplete rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader
gnus-util netrc time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit
mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash mail-utils emacsbug jka-compr
edmacro kmacro xt-mouse ido savehist icomplete complete paren delsel
saveplace debian-el debian-el-loaddefs w3m-load dpkg-dev-el
dpkg-dev-el-loaddefs ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type lisp-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select mldrag mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind multi-tty emacs)