Subject: Emacs 24.0.97 Pretest Windows Binaries + Win7 x64: create new file dialog does not work.
From: Miguel Ruiz <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 16:41:37 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Every Emacs pretest windows binary since 24.0.92 shows the same
behaviour: after runemacs -Q, if you go with mouse to  'menu-bar file
new-file' or 'tool-bar new-file', a graphical file selector dialog
opens, with some icons in complete black, and when you enter a new
file name, click OK (Open, actually), nothing happens.

Also, I experiment the same behaviour with official Emacs 23.4, but
not in Emacs 23.3.

Both series, 23.4 and 24.0.x, works perfectly in Windows XP and Windows 7 x86

But the binary from
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ntemacs/ntemacs24-bin-20110402.7z?download
(version 24.0.50.1) WORKS PERFECTLY. The report-emacs-bug info for
this working version is the following:

(Windows 7 x64 Home Premium)

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7600)
 of 2011-04-02 on YAMALOK
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.5) --cflags  -m32 -O2 -g0
-march=prescott -mtune=prescott -pipe -IC:/gnuwin32/emacs/include
-IC:/gnuwin32/emacs/lib -IC:/gnuwin32/src --ldflags  -s '

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: ESN
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

May I get a complete working binary of Emacs 24 for W7 x64?

Please, feel free to demand further information.