Subject: 23.3; devanagari-itrans method incomplete
From: Rustom Mody <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2012 12:05:51 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The devanagari-itrans method does not translate the pipe '|' into the
devanagari danda । (unicode 964) but leaves it at | ASCII 0x7c
Note: The devanagari-inscript input method inputs the danda correctly.

In GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.6)
 of 2011-09-10 on spike.0x539.de, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11102901
configured using `configure  '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--build'
'i486-linux-gnu' '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib'
'--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var/lib'
'--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
'--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs23:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/23.3/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.3/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.3/leim'
'--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu' '--with-x=yes'
'--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars'
'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g'
'CPPFLAGS=''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p o r t - e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/23.3/site-lisp/cscope/xcscope hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/xcscope
/usr/share/emacs/23.3/site-lisp/cdargs hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cdargs
/usr/share/emacs/23.3/site-lisp/cmake-data/cmake-mode hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake-mode
/usr/share/emacs/23.3/site-lisp/debian-startup hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/tree-widget hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.3/lisp/tree-widget
/usr/share/emacs/23.3/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.3/lisp/textmodes/flyspell
/usr/share/emacs/23.3/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides
/usr/share/emacs/23.3/lisp/textmodes/ispell

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message sendmail regexp-opt ecomplete rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader
gnus-util netrc time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit
mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash mail-utils emacsbug tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd font-setting
tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind system-font-setting
font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)