Subject: 23.4; Reverse video doesn't work for -nw
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 16:51:10 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I just upgraded to 23.4 and suddently background is white and text is
black.  On IRC I've been told to set-background-color to whatever I
like, which is awesome (after you realise that you stop seeing anything,
because letters are black now too, and you don't know where the cursor
is, because it's black as well).  However, I'm not using X, only -nw, which used
to support transparent background just like that, now it seems it is
doesn't anymoar, because apparently one cannot unset background colour.

In GNU Emacs 23.4.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)
 of 2012-01-31 on havoc
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/usr' '--host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu' '--build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--datadir=/usr/share' '--docdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs-23.4' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--disable-dependency-tracking' '--disable-silent-rules' '--enable-fast-install' '--libdir=/usr/lib64' '--infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs' '--without-kerberos' '--without-kerberos5' '--without-hesiod' '--without-m17n-flt' '--without-xim' '--without-x' '--with-sound' '--without-xft' '--without-x-toolkit' '--without-toolkit-scroll-bars' '--without-libotf' '--without-rsvg' '--with-dbus' '--without-gconf' '--without-gif' '--with-gpm' '--without-jpeg' '--without-png' '--without-tiff' '--without-xpm' 'build_alias=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu' 'host_alias=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu' 'CC=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc' 'CFLAGS=-march=native -pipe -O2' 'CPP=cpp''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.utf8
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  show-paren-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
ESC x r e b DEL p o TAB r TAB RET

Recent messages:
("emacs" "-r")
Loading start-po...done
Loading desktop...done
No desktop file.
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...
kill-region: The mark is not set now, so there is no region [2 times]
call-interactively: Text is read-only

Load-path shadows:
~/.emacs.d/git-blame hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/git/git-blame
~/.emacs.d/git hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/git/git
~/.emacs.d/css-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/23.4/lisp/textmodes/css-mode

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message sendmail ecomplete rfc822 mml mml-sec
password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader gnus-util netrc
time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils wid-edit mailheader canlock sha1
hex-util hashcash mail-utils emacsbug help-mode paren uniquify advice
help-fns advice-preload desktop cus-start cus-load edmacro kmacro
ruby-mode php-mode derived etags speedbar sb-image ezimage image dframe
assoc cc-mode cc-fonts cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine
cc-vars cc-defs regexp-opt site-exherbo mq mercurial view vc
vc-dispatcher diff-mode git log-edit easymenu easy-mmode ring pcvs-util
add-log ewoc eclectic-mode exheres-mode exheres-mode-keywords skeleton
sh-script executable cmake-mode thingatpt ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select mldrag mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame
cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev loaddefs button minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties
overlay md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Pozdrawiam,
Łukasz P. Michalik