Subject: 23.3; HEAD broken by recent commit for emacsclient
From: [email-masked] (Randal L. Schwartz)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:19:23 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The commit:

Author: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date:   Sun Nov 27 20:52:53 2011 +0200

    Fix MS-Windows build with MSVC compiler.
    
    Parts of the changes by Fabrice Popineau
    <[email-masked]>.
    
     lib-src/makefile.w32-in (LOCAL_FLAGS): Add $(EMACS_EXTRA_C_FLAGS).
     lib-src/emacsclient.c (main) <environ>: Remove declaration, already
     pulled in by unistd.h on Posix hosts and stdlib.h on MS-Windows.
     nt/inc/stdint.h (uint32_t, uint64_t) [_WIN64]: New typedefs.
     (UINT64_MAX) [_WIN64]: Fix definition.
     (uintmax_t, intmax_t): Fix definitions.
     nt/inc/inttypes.h (strtoumax, strtoimax) [!__MINGW32__]: Provide
     correct definitions.
     nt/config.nt (HAVE_DECL_STRTOLL): Define.
     (va_copy) [_WIN64]: Provide a better definition.
     src/s/ms-w32.h (utimbuf) [_MSC_VER]: Don't define.
     (snprintf) [_MSC_VER]: Redirect to _snprintf.
     (strtoll) [_MSC_VER]: Redirect to _strtoi64.
     (malloc, free, realloc, calloc): Redirect to e_* only when
     compiling Emacs.
     src/lisp.h (GCTYPEBITS): Move before first use.
     (ALIGN_GCTYPEBITS) [_MSC_VER]: Define.
     (DECL_ALIGN) [_MSC_VER]: Use it, as MSVC doesn't like bit ops in
     this macro definition.
     (tzname): Redirect to _tzname for all values of _MSC_VER.

Broke emacsclient:

cd lib-src; make all                            \
          CC='gcc -std=gnu99' CFLAGS='-g -O2' CPPFLAGS='' \
          LDFLAGS='' MAKE='make'
gcc -std=gnu99 -c   -Wimplicit-function-declaration
          -Wold-style-definition -Wdeclaration-after-statement
          -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../src -I../lib
          -I/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src
          -I/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/../src
          -I/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/../lib   -g -O2
          -DCONFIG_BROKETS -DINHIBIT_STRING_HEADER \
          /Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/../src/regex.c
gcc -std=gnu99   -Wimplicit-function-declaration -Wold-style-definition
          -Wdeclaration-after-statement  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../src
          -I../lib -I/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src
          -I/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/../src
          -I/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/../lib    -g -O2
          -DEMACS_NAME="\"GNU Emacs\"" \
          -DVERSION="\"24.0.91\""
          /Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/etags.c \
          regex.o ../lib/libgnu.a  -o etags
gcc -std=gnu99   -Wimplicit-function-declaration -Wold-style-definition
          -Wdeclaration-after-statement  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../src
          -I../lib -I/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src
          -I/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/../src
          -I/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/../lib    -g -O2
          -DCTAGS -DEMACS_NAME="\"GNU Emacs\"" \
          -DVERSION="\"24.0.91\""
          /Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/etags.c \
          regex.o ../lib/libgnu.a  -o ctags
gcc -std=gnu99   -Wimplicit-function-declaration -Wold-style-definition
          -Wdeclaration-after-statement  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../src
          -I../lib -I/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src
          -I/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/../src
          -I/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/../lib    -g -O2
          /Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/emacsclient.c \
           -DVERSION="\"24.0.91\"" \
           ../lib/libgnu.a  -o emacsclient
/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/emacsclient.c: In function
          'set_local_socket':
/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/emacsclient.c:1281: warning:
          passing argument 2 of 'confstr' discards qualifiers from
          pointer target type
/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/emacsclient.c: In function
          'main':
/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/emacsclient.c:1639: error:
          'environ' undeclared (first use in this function)
/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/emacsclient.c:1639: error: (Each
          undeclared identifier is reported only once
/Users/merlyn/MIRROR/emacs-GIT/lib-src/emacsclient.c:1639: error: for
          each function it appears in.)
make[2]: *** [emacsclient] Error 1
make[1]: *** [lib-src] Error 2
make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2

-- 
Randal L. Schwartz - Stonehenge Consulting Services, Inc. - +1 503 777 0095
<[email-masked]> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>
Smalltalk/Perl/Unix consulting, Technical writing, Comedy, etc. etc.
See http://methodsandmessages.posterous.com/ for Smalltalk discussion