Subject: Re: bug#10132: Help lilypond interleave scheme and lilypond code in guile 2.x
From: Andy Wingo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Ian Hulin <[email-masked]>, David Kastrup <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 16:48:22 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Ian and David,

On Fri 25 Nov 2011 12:15, Andy Wingo <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Fri 25 Nov 2011 11:37, David Kastrup <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> As I said: for this particular application, I have coded a rather
>> inelegant and resource-grabbing workaround that really is not going to
>> help performance since the intertwined Lilypond interpreter does not
>> benefit from precompilation of mostly trivial lambda functions when the
>> actual procedure-environment is unlikely to ever reference more than
>> five variables.
>
> Understood.  Let's work to find a good solution in 2.0.

2.0 now has the-environment and local-eval again (though not
procedure-environment).  Import the (ice-9 local-eval) module to have
access to these forms.  Hopefully at this point we have solved this
issue; please give it a try, and open a new bug if something comes up.

Cheers,

Andy
-- 
http://wingolog.org/