Subject: Re: tramp (2.2.13.25.1); ido virtual buffer interaction
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Dave Abrahams <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 19:34:04 +0100

Dave Abrahams <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Dave,

> Voilà:

Thanks. And here is the story:

>   expand-file-name("/wingy:tmp" nil)
>   apply(expand-file-name ("/wingy:tmp" nil))
>   tramp-completion-run-real-handler(expand-file-name ("/wingy:tmp" nil))
>   tramp-completion-file-name-handler(expand-file-name "/wingy:tmp" nil)
>   get-file-buffer("/wingy:tmp")
>   ido-add-virtual-buffers-to-list()

ido-add-virtual-buffers-to-list calls get-file-buffer. This calls
expand-file-name, and Tramp becomes active. "/wingy:tmp" seems to be the
file name related to the (still existing) buffer with the dead connection.

There is no obvious solution, I will forward your report as Emacs bug,
therefore.

Best regards, Michael.